Sunday, August 10, 2008

Soon moving to Cyprus!



Hello everyone,
I thought this might be a good way to keep you up-to-date on things going on in my life. This is my first attempt at the whole blogging thing, so please be patient with me:) I'm sure it will get easier.

As many of you know, God has called me to serve alongside two families from my home church (Calvary Chapel Thousand Oaks) on the island of Cyprus! Tim & Darlene Mattox serve there with their two girls, along with Brad and Tammy Poteet. I'm really looking forward to serving with these guys!I have been praying for quite a few months about the possibility of going, and the Lord has given me the green light. Cyprus is in the Mediterranean Sea, just south of Turkey.

Currently, I am teaching at Merrill Educational Center in Agoura Hills, and my boss has asked if I would complete a Spanish II course with one of my students. After reviewing the material, it looks like I will probably finish early November (a few months from now). So, Lord willing, I should be heading out in November. Again, it is all in the Lord's timing...it could be sooner or later - I just really want to hear from Him.

The verse that God used to confirm that He wanted me to go is one that I read a few years ago and have been praying about ever since...the pieces are all connecting!

"Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them." - Isaiah 42:10

I will need your prayers! Please keep me in prayer as I walk through the beginning stages of what it means to move to another country. If you feel the Lord prompting you to support me financially, amen. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and I know He will provide. I'm not totally sure what it looks like right now, so just please keep that in prayer...I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for visiting this blog...who came up with that word anyway?...blog. Haha. It's funny. More to come soon, I'm sure. Blessings, Love Lindsey

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey, thanks for the update! Let me be the first person on your blog to congratulate you on listening to the Lord and moving forward with His plan in your life. I'm confident God will work out every detail with his perfect wisdom.

Tell your family that Debbie and I said hi and we miss you all.

God bless you,
Craig Brewer

Unknown said...

ANYHOOOOO
Cyprus eh? HMMMMMMMM. Well...If God said so then - ALRIGHTY.
Go get em sister....
blessings,
rob

allie said...

Howdy! Cyprus, eh? That's in the Bible a lot and close to Malta, also in the Bible a lot, where our friend Doug Gresham lives. Malta is where Paul got shipwrecked. Doug G. says he drives past there sometimes ...
Blog is a funny name :-)

quinn said...

wow- that's awesome! i've been praying for you and will continue to do so! keep us all updated via blog/facebook...if you make it down to sd before you go, let us know- you can meet oliver:)

love
quinn

Grace said...

So happy to have another way to keep in touch with you !!It's always a wonderful thing to live in some other country especially that you are going to serve for God!I believe you can do a great job!!

Brad & Tammy Poteet said...

Brad and I are soooooo excited for your arrival. Man I sure hope God sends you earlier than November! We cannot wait to see you, we miss you very much! We'll pick you up at the airport, just tell us when!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lindsey, you are such an inspiration and a blessing to me. I am so excited to hear these plans and know that God has such an exciting (and challenging) road for you to travel! I love you cuz!
Love,
Lady Couch

Ramon Marrero said...

Hola Lindsey, I'm excited and blessed to hear this news. I'm truly praying for you; His will be done, AMEN!

Mucho Amor mi hermana en Jesucristo! A-ku-na-ma-ta-ta.

Doulos,
Ramon
Romans 10:13-15

HurricaneHogen said...

Cyprus, eh? We'll come visit you from Italy! Ha Ha! At any rate, how are you gonna pack the horse? LOL.
What language do they speak in Cyprus? Do they surf?
I am so excited for you and will always be praying for you.
We love you girl! Ti Amo!
Ciao
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Wow Lindsey! Cyprus What an adventure! What a beautiful place! I loved reading about your heart and I'm excited to see what the Lord is doing in your life. May you continue to know His peace. Love, Amery