Friday, October 24, 2008

Disneyland with Gramps!!!

My dad and I really wanted to take my Grandpa on Soarin' Over California at California Adventure...little did he know, he was in for way more than just that =)

While we were in line, I asked my Grandpa if he went on 'It's a Small World' when it was first built. He looked at me with the most mischievous smile and said, "Angel Babe, I'm a virgin." I had no idea that he had NEVER in his 87 years of life been to Disneyland...

Well, a fun time was had by all, and Grandpa walks with a little more spring in his step after visiting the Happiest Place on Earth.


Let the adventures begin...even the tram ride from the parking lot can be fun!

Granpa and Dad in front of the Western Pacific Train that was converted into an icecream shop.
In line for Soarin' Over California. Grandpa Lew knew about each one of these planes. In fact, he worked on many of them.


The Cars display.

Grandpa said that Radiator Springs really was a town on the way to Mexico, where people would overheat...I bet he would like the move Cars =).

Always ready to goof-off!!!

Pictures are so much better than actually buying things.

Pluto was so excited that Grandpa came over to say hello.
Something smells fishy...pew.
I don't even like fish!

Bear Mountain in the background.

Grandpa and I in front of the Magic Kingdom.

Paparazzi shot by Dad - I love that he got the top of the bush in the picture =).

Waiting in line for the Disneyland Railroad.
All Aboard!
Kickin' back on the train - Grandpa was such a trooper.

Say, "Mickey Mouse."

Cruella De Vil was hilarious - she never broke chacter once.
Grandpa couldn't stop smiling.

Saying our sad good-byes to Disneyland and California Adventure.

High School Musical 3!!! So, my sister and I have seen it twice already, and it's only been out for 4 days...what can I say, I love good wholesome, cheesy singing and dancing!
Thanks for enjoying our Disneyland Adventure.
The End!!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linz this is so awesome. I bet your grandpa will never forget it!

love
Crystal

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun, Crystal! He is still smiling!

Anonymous said...

thank Lindsey it good to remember dad good times the older I get the bad time were good becauce mom and dad made them good I don't remember the bad because they were really good times talked to uncle Steve today he was at moms we were talking about are youth and the good times thanks again
uncle greg