Monday, October 27, 2008

Cyprus in 23 Days.

The red star in the middle of the picture is Cyprus. It is directly south of Turkey and west of Syria, and I am moving here in less than 30 days...wow.

I have had my ups and downs, but never has the Lord left me nor forsaken me. In fact, His promises continue to ring true, even today as I ponder what to pack, what pictures to bring, how many pairs of shoes to leave behind, etc... Even in the details, He is so faithful.

The picture below is a close-up of the island:

I will be living in the west pink area on the coast in a city called Paphos (or now the correct European Union spelling - Pafos). Cyprus is split. The northern section is Turkish Muslim, and the southern area, where I will be, is mostly Greek Orthodox. Please pray for unity on the island, as it is very divided right now.

Current Progress:

*I have my plane ticket.

*I have all my luggage - just need to pack.

*I got oversees health insurance - total answer to prayer.

*My church is putting on a support dinner this weekend on November 1st - if you are in the area and would like to come, please let me know - I would LOVE to have you there.

*I am still working until November 6th, which is a blessing for extra dinero.

*I will be attending the Calvary Chapel Worship Leader's Conference in Murrieta from November 10-13th, which I am so excited about. I really believe God will use this in a BIG way to prepare me to move to Cyprus and deepen my heart for worship.

*Also, Tim and Darlene have been ordering a few things and having them sent to my house here, so I can pack them - saves on shipping. So, I get to bring over some dance CD's for the Cyprus dance teacher and dead earthworms and crayfish for a dissection unit for the girls and their homeschool program...yummy =) Thankfully, they are sealed and preserved in bags.

May the Lord bless you all. I know this was a little bit longer than usual. I thank you all for your prayers. Love Lindsey

[Please save this link to your "favorites" or "bookmarks" so you can check back periodically.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you be making any stops in San Diego before you leave?

Anonymous said...

I need to! I can't leave without seeing Crystal and Leon and the boys...it will probably be the weekend before I leave (15,16 of November). Of course, I want to see you guys, too!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsey~~This is Grace~~You don't know how much I miss you!!I'm glad to know you are prepared for almost everything~~All the best!