Friday, November 14, 2008

Glory to God!

Please forgive me for slacking in my updates.  
Thank you all for visiting my blog!

Countdown.  Well, the last entry said, "23 Days."  Now, it's only 4.  I'm amazed at how many little details need to be taken care of before one moves their life to another country, and I'm sure I'll board the airplane on Tuesday (11/18/08) remembering something else...however...God has given me so much peace, and I know He will take care of those things.

Family.  My family is excited for me and sad, too - of course we will miss each other, but when the Lord is totally directing something, it's incredible how He prepares our hearts to say good-bye to the familiar and hello to the next journey.  


Total Blessing.  I'm so thankful for my mom - she'll be taking care of all my mail and banking, which will be a huge blessing.  I'm sure my dad will be sending me guitar strings and surf wax.  My sister wants to come and visit during her spring break - that would be so fun!  And, as for my brother, he's just excited to start riding my horse, Molly, when I leave. His dream would be to train her to shoot guns from her back...I'm not sure how that will go, seeing as she is quite a bundle of energy...Tanner could handle it, though.  His new favorite thing to watch on TV is old Bonanza re-runs...Little Joe, look out! 


Support Dinner.  Calvary Chapel Skyline put on a support dinner for me on Saturday, November 1.  It was so great to see how God is providing for all my needs, even down to the simplest of things like a new backpack (my old one traveled the world, and it's time for it to retire).  If you came to the dinner, thank you.  My cup runneth over. 
 
Worship Conference.  Also, I just got back from the Calvary Chapel (CC) Worship Leader's Conference at the Bible College in Murrieta.  Five of us from CC Skyline went, along with one from CC Malibu.  God refreshed my perspective of worship leading and encouraged my heart, along with challenging me to step it up in the area of really evaluating why God has called me to be a worship leader and what that means.  He is worthy to be worshiped, hands down, and how dare I take any glory or attention away from Him.  I am so thankful for all the pastors and worship leaders that made the conference so great.  There were people there from all up and down California, Arizona, Wisconsin, and even a guy from New Zealand.

 (above: Me, Ken, Nate, Sloan, Heather, and Ric enjoying a very delicious meal at the conference.)

Getting Ready to Leave.  I do ask for prayer for all my preparations before leaving.  My room is in utter disarray right now, but come Tuesday morning, I'll have a surfboard bag, 2 suitcases, my guitar, and a back pack.  I fly out of LAX at 9:30am on Tuesday, November 18th.

My Grandpa.  Remember the Disneyland pictures?  Well, my Grandpa is in ICU right now, and it does not look good.  Please pray for the entire Hutchinson family.  If the Lord takes him home, I just pray for His peace that passes all understanding.  It will be SO hard for me to be away, but I know that God is so much bigger - He will take care of everything!

Thank you so much for praying for me.  I pray Jesus blesses you in your faithfulness to support me and the island of Cyprus.

Love Lindsey

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a blessing to our family Lindsey... we miss you already! But, knowing that God is going to bless the people of Cypress with your presence and your talents makes it a little easier though. We'll continue to pray for you, your family, and especially your Grandpa.
Love,
The Gaddis Family
Alex, Stephanie, Madison, Bridget, Evan, & Olivia

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds,

I am very excited from you. I remember sitting in Fudruckers talking about this opportunity you had and I am so excited to see it actually happening. I love you and hope God uses you in incredible ways. you will have a blast and can't wait to hear all about it.
Love your forever friend,
Becca boo

Anonymous said...

WoW,you have moved to another wonderful place,your life is cool and happy there,G*d bless ya,and I will pray for you too,hehe
Jackie *-*