Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 11/28/08

Happy Thanksgiving!  We drove 45 minutes to Limasol to celebrate Thanksgiving with some other Americans, along with others from surrounding churches.  Tim and Darlene went to this church their first year living here in Cyprus before starting the church in Pafos.    What a sweet time of fellowship and eating, of course =).
Chels, this picture is for you.  
I was thinking of you when I ate my pumpkin pie.
What are you thankful for?
My family and my new family for this season of my life.
Tim shared a devotional before we ate.
Pastor Yanaki welcomed everyone to their church.  
There were probably about 30 people.
You know what everyone's thinking at this point...
Let's eat!
Sherri, Brenda, and Darlene prepare the food table for the masses.
The kid table is always so much fun.
A sweet couple originally from Washington.
They have both served in El Salvador, too - it's such a small world.
Tim practices his Russian.  
The Mattox family lived in Russia for many years before moving back to the states, then to Cyprus.
Darlene and Tim.
Pastor Yanaki and Sherri.
God's precious people.
Egor and Oksana moved here from Russia eight years ago.
Mouth full of food - always very flattering =)
This night was fun.  I was definitely missing being home with my family, though.  Since my Grandpa passed away, I wanted to spend time with family - it is tough being so far from home, but God never leaves me nor forsakes me.  I cling to Psalm 73:26, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  He has called me here, and I have peace that passes all understanding.  It is so amazing how God has woven me into the family here.  I feel that I've lived here for years.  I thank Jesus for all of your prayers and your support, and I look forward to His divine purposes and plan.    
    ---God bless you, Love Linz

No comments: