Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Surf's Up! 11/25/08

Cyprus really does have surf.
This surf spot is called Helios, since it is front of a Hotel, called...you guessed it - Helios.  I'm so thankful that Darlene likes taking pictures just about as much as I do =)  She took several of these. 
Checking where to paddle out.
The girls helped me wax Tim's board.  
Mine still hadn't arrived yet.
How to wax a surfboard 101.
Kony had just burried his head in the sand - such a funny dog.
Say what?
So, we found out that Kony is very protective.  
He started swimming out after me.  Abby saved the day and took one for the team.  She came out of the water with Kony, a bloody knee, and wet jeans to boot...thanks Abby.  Kony probably would have followed me all the way out.
A simply divine moment.
My first paddle out in Cyprus.
The girls keep Kony under close watch.
I love this shot - it's currently my desktop picture.
WooHoo!  I'm surfing in Cyprus!
Check out the gnarly bottom turn...haha!  Ya right.
Dad, you would love the lefts here.  
I can't wait to surf with you again.
Emma and Kony.
I hear the angels rejoicing in heaven.  
Look at that beautiful peak.
This is Sean, a local surfer/lifeguard.  
He is from Scotland and lived in South Africa for 19 years.  He texts us the surf report everyday =)  I am praying God will use surfing as a way to share Jesus with him. 
Shadow reflections.
Helios going off.  
It really was only 2-4,' but I was amped.
Tim after his session.
Emma and I say good-bye for the day.  
We'll be back, I'm sure.  As I enjoy this family and God's amazing creation, I look forward to see how Jesus will use surfing as a ministry to the growing surf culture here in Pafos.  Thank you Jesus for making waves!  Love Lindsey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Linz, looks like your having an amazing time! I'm happy fo rthe Mattox family to have you there. You are such a blessing to me when we're only together for a few minutes or a few hours. You are an amazing person to have around! I love you very much :)