Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 5 - First Sunday 11/23/08

More photos...
Today was my first Sunday here in Cyprus - what a blessed day.
Singing Dog.
Kony is the coolest dog.  He even likes going to church.  Sometimes he joins in singing =).  Last Wednesday, he sang Happy Birthday with all of us for Ricky's birthday.
Sunday best.
Darlene and Abby getting ready for Sunday morning.
He's got the whole world in His hands.
The church has several people around the world that they pray for and support.  It is incredible to see how small the world really is, especially being in this area - it all seems so close.
Set-up.
Emma helps us test the sound and get things set up for worship.
Living room --> Church.
Tim and I led worship - this fellowship is so precious.
How great, how awesome is He.
Singing, "Holy is the Lord God Almighty - the earth is filled with His glory!"
Worthy to be praised.
I was so blessed, and I know that God will just continue to grow all of our hearts to worship Him with everything we have.  He is so worthy.
My new furry friend.
Since I don't have Bandit and Bailey with me, Kony is my new buddy.  I just sat down on the couch, and he came over and plopped his head in my lap.  I think I'm officially 'in.'
Quick shot out the window of the car.
After service, we went to the Sea.  Our first stop was Coral Bay Beach.
Victory at Sea.
It was pretty ridable, but very choppy.  We didn't surf - just took pictures today.  There's a nice right out front.
Greek Signs.
I love signs, especially in other languages.  "Swimmer's Area."
Lifeguard Tower.
Chels, I took this one for you.  I guess the beaches get pretty crowded in the summer, so lifeguards are always on duty.
Beautiful Coastline.  
The water was so rough that it started spraying onto the road.
It's so Bright!
The girls stayed in the car while we took a few pictures.  On top of the car, Tim's board just in case.
The whole Fam!
This family is so full of love - I really feel at home.  I will always miss my family, but I am so thankful to be here.
Feet and the story they tell.
I can't resist - I take pictures of my feet in every country that I travel.  
Favorite shot of the day.
Volcanic rock tide pools.
Quite the backdrop.
The Mediterranean Sea - Lord Jesus, thank you for bringing me here!
What a playground.
The girls play with one of my little surf toys I brought with me.
Wilbur Kookmyer.
He has lived in San Diego, Montana, and in Agoura Hills with me, and now he lives in Cyprus.  I don't even remember where I got him, but I always have him hanging somewhere in my room.
Beautiful cove.
The volcanic rock reminds me of our living room back home.
Rough Sea.
I giggled when I saw this sign - it's true.  The Sea can get pretty brutal.
So Sweet.
The girls and their Daddy.
Twirling Trio.
Three ballerinas in one house - let the fun begin!
"Let me try."
Darlene tries out her ballet moves - she is so much fun.
Perfect Lines of Umbrellas.
This area is in front of St. George's hotel, which can get very busy during the tourist summer months.
So many stories.
More feet...
New Friend.
Emma has a special bond with Wilbur - she even made him a little seat to watch a movie that night.  Also...recognize the beanie?  It's one of mine=).
A Walk on the Seashore.
Living with Tim & Darlene is great - I hope they get to spend more time together, since I'll be here to hang out with the girls.  They already have some dates planned.
History.
Emma under a monument built in memory of gun smugglers from Greece.
Greater than the breakers of the sea...
The Lord on High is Mighty.
Time Travel.
As we say good bye to the sun, all of you in the states say hello to it.  In case you are wondering, we are 10 hours ahead of California.  The future is great...HaHa!
Greek Orthodox Church.
A small Greek Orthodox church near the Sea used for weddings.  Waking up this morning (Sunday morning) was so pleasant.  All the Greek Orthodox churches had their bells ringing.  I really felt like I was in a movie, like the Sound of Music or something.
Bye-Bye.
That's all for now.  Leave Comments or email me - I love to hear from you.  The internet is so great, because I don't feel that far away.  I will never stop thanking you for reading these.  They do take quite some time to put together, but it's so worth it.  I pray you are blessed by what God is doing in Cyprus.  Love Lindsey

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsey, it looks like you are going to have an awesome time there. Cyprus doesn't look too bad. Thanks for putting the pictures up. I was especially happy to see the pictures of the worship from yesterday morning. God Bless You!

Stephanie Gaddis said...

I love the pictures! I feel like I'm there too! What an awesome family you are with, they are blessed! Thank you for posting and keeping us up to date. Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting these beautiful sister! Keep them coming! Miss you sunshine!

Love.
ALWAYS.

Tiff

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey! Thank you for the cozy socks! They (and your picture on the frig) remind me of you each day! (I just wear them around the house like slippers, so I can wear them more often:) )Alicia was bonding with you, too, since you two left the US within a day of each other. We love and miss you, and enjoy praying for you!
Thank you for your bold witness!
Love, Candace Bletscher and fam.

Sir William said...

Linz - still miss you.

J