Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a horse is a horse of course...

Welcome to pictures from the Reyes Adobe Days Weekend!

Our family has lived in Old Agoura since all of us kidlets were born. On Saturday, October 4th, my brother, sister, and I were in the parade to celebrate our community. Then, Sunday, October 5th, I competed in the Gymkhana play day with our friend Kari. Chelsey did the announcing. It was a great weekend, filled with horses and police cars...read on to find out...
Tanner on Baby, Chelsey on Diego, Me on Molly.
This might just have to be hung on the wall or sent out as a Christmas card.

Chelsey's first love, Diego. Isn't she cute?
We've wrangled Tanner into riding, and he's doing a mighty fine job. He's so handsome in his cowboy get-up.

Self-portrait of Molly and me.

Oh, it looks like Baby loves Tanner...well, we later found out that this horse is not too fond of men...oh well...we got some great pictures out of it...Haha!
Chelsey and Diego make such a cute pair.
Our friend Kari rode Chelsey's horse Liberty Belle in the parade and the play day.
Hey! Look at us...Molly is so cute.

END OF PARADE

Welcome to the Gymkhana Events!!!

We honored all those who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces, while we sang the National Anthem...Tanner, a man from the neighborhood, Tara (another neighbor), Uncle Marty, and my cousin Jonathan...Thank you Jesus for this country!

Chelsey did a fantastice job announcing! Since she broke her back in February, she didn't think it would be a good idea to compete just yet.

Kari makes her way around a corner barrel on Libby.
Libby is light as a feather.

Yeah Kari!!! First place!
Molly and I are determined to stay on course.
YeeHaw!! My fast quarterhorse...check out my posture...I can't even sit that straight in a chair! Haha!
Ally-oop! Molly went over these little jumps this year...last year, she didn't want to have anything to do with them. We placed Fourth in this event...Hurry Scurry.Yeah! We got First in the Barrier Crawl...you ride up as fast as you can to a cardboard box, stop your horse, get off, hope your horse doesn't go anywhere, crawl through the box, get back on, go around the box, and race back to the start...SO FUN!!!

This is the swing on our front porch...how classic is this shot. I would loved to hear the stories of each one of these pairs of boots.

See...I told you police cars :) After the play day, Kari, Chelsey, and I headed over to the actual Reyes Adobe carnival...the police officers had a demo car and locked us in to see what it felt like...I didn't like it AT ALL. Did you know the back seat is hard plastic...well, I don't plan to sit in another one any time soon. LET US OUT!!!
I hope you enjoyed these pictures...I had fun putting this together.
Love Lindsey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!
Just dropping by to check out your awesome blogspot-just reading these posts make me smile. :)
know the Pieds love you and are praying for you!
BIG hugs,
jenna
<><