Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Will someone pinch me?

I'm moving here!!!!


This is a sunset in Cyprus just a few weeks ago. Tammy Poteet took this picture.








It still doesn't feel real yet, but as soon as I start trying to pack my life in 2 suitcases, reality will hit hard, I'm sure.

Basically, I am just wrapping up things until I leave. Currently, I am teaching only 8 hours per week, until I finish this Spanish 2 course with my student - the goal is to be totally done by November 7th.


What else?...


I do have my plane ticket - that was a huge answer to prayer. I leave LAX at 9:30am on Tuesday, November 18th, and my return ticket is for Wednesday, August 5th, 2009. I'm praying that I can stay about 9 - 12 months.


Please pray that I can get a work visa and work part-time at one of the local schools. If this doesn't work out, I can just renew a travel visa, but this route is a little more involved. Thankfully, God has it all under control, so I'm not worried.

All the logistics seem to falling into place, by God's Sovereign plan, and He is teaching me to wait...and wait some more....and then when I'm done waiting, to wait....

Some of you have expressed interest in supporting the work that God is doing in Cyprus, and that's such a blessing! If you would like to give financially, I've written the directions below:

Please make checks payable to: "Calvary Chapel"

CORRECTION: If you want your checks to be tax deductible, please DO NOT write my name anywhere on the check. Just include a separate note that says it is for Lindsey-Cyprus. Thanks!

Mail to:

Calvary Chapel Skyline
101 N. Skyline Dr.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362

OR, you can mail to my home:

Lindsey Hutchinson
28320 Driver Ave.
Agoura Hills, CA 91301

[If you would like to include a note, this is probably the best route. We will then deliver the check to the church for you.]
Thank you so much for all of your support. I love reading your comments and getting your emails. I do want to just thank God for His incredible adventure. I have absolutely NO idea what to expect, but I think that's where He wants me. Above is a picture of my two new little sisters, Abby and Emma. Check out the waves behind them - yee haw!

Also, you can save this site in your "Favorites" or "Bookmarks" and check back periodically. I really don't want to annoy you with emails, but I might, so just delete them if you REALLY can't take it anymore...haha! I wrote that in sarcasm - I don't know if you could hear it.

May God bless each one of you abundantly. Thank you again for taking the time to read this.

Love Lindsey

1 comment:

Leon said...

I already miss you, but what a great adventure you are in for. Between you and Linus I feel like I live a full life abroad... in my mind ;)

love
Crystal