Friday, September 5, 2008

Meet my Cyprus family.

Funny thing...

As I tell people that I'm planning to move to Cyprus, I have had a variety of responses, mostly in thinking that I'm just going to Cypress, CA. When they offer to help me move, I thank them dearly, and ask if they are willing to make the treck...

Puzzled looks and confused grins culminate in the reality..."Oh, the island of Cyprus, near Turkey in the Mediterranean Sea." The offers to help move seem to fizzle, but later result in, "I want to come visit." I would love for you to come visit - it's kind of crazy that I've actually not been there yet. Soon enough. God's timing is absolutely perfect.

Above is the entire Mattox family on the shoreline in Cyprus. Abby, Alyssa, Darlene, Tim, and Emma in front. Alyssa is in college in the states, but I hope to meet her when she visits Tim and Darlene. I will be living in their home. What a blessing! I love these guys. Also, I will get two little sisters, who like to dance ballet, I might add. I'm sure we'll have some fun, and the fun will only continue with Brad and Tammy below.

Brad and Tammy Poteet just moved to Cyprus in the spring of this year ('08) from Thousand Oaks. Brad used to play percussion with me on Wednesday nights at Calvary Chapel Thousand Oaks. I've missed the d'jembe and his famous 'cowbell,' but we will soon reunite. These guys have been such a blessing to Tim and Darlene and the church there in Cyprus.

They brought over snorkel gear, kayaks, and surfboards, so I'm sure we will have some fun in the Mediterranean Sea...yes, they have waves. Brad said it can get between 2-4 feet sometimes. I will bringing my surfboards, for sure!

Right now, I'm waiting on Tim for some final decisions and paperwork with the embassy, and then I will be able to buy my ticket. God has given me peace about mid-November, so we will see how He wants to work it out.

Thank you all so much for being a part of my life in this way. I do hope to keep you as informed as possible. I will keep you posted. Until next b-log :) Love, Lindsey

Lynn Whitmore is one of so many that are keeping my journey to Cyprus in prayer...I thank YOU for your prayers, too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Higgidyutch of the Diggigdyogage!!! I miss you! I need to come hang out with you before you leave. We can surf and play guitar and run amok. If for whatever reason I don't see you before you leave good luck with everything!

P.S. Do you have a cell #? I don't think I have it. Oh and tell the fam fam I said hello!