Monday, May 18, 2009

Ein Gedi 5.4.09

Ein Gedi, spelled En Gedi in our Bibles.
Where David came to rest and refresh in I Samuel 23 and 24.
Dad points out where we are. Maps are so helpful. Where am I? Right here (in the egg area - Brain Regan, anyone?)
We came just after the celebration of Israel's Independence Day, so the flag was everywhere. It was pretty cool to see.
Cute little desert animals...forget their names.
More caves...maybe David cut Saul's robe in THAT one.
One of the many waterfalls. It's crazy that this exists in the middle of straight up DESERTlands.
So special to be here with my Dad.
These are called rock badgers - they were so cute.
Kendra and I are teaching Atlas a few things.
Waterfalls are my favorite waterform!
Daddy and I at the big waterfall.
I don't know why, but I just always put one foot up...as you can see, I can't stand pictures.
Wow!
We couldn't swim in this particular pool, but the others were open for swimming.
Group shot...thanks again Kendra for being our tour guide.
God created this in the middle of the desert. He is always looking out for His kids.
We almost went swimming, but one of the guides came and told us that the park was closing due to high winds and falling rocks. I actually got pelted by a falling rock...didn't feel good. Next time we will swim! =)
Can you see him?
They are very used to annoying tourists snapping pictures.
Look, see...I'm really that close to them =)
The Big Dog.
Bye Ein Gedi...it's been real and fun, real fun.

No comments: