Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tel Aviv to Dead Sea 5.4.09

Some pictures taken while walking/driving around town...
I thought this was quite symbolic.
Old part of Jaffa.
Ordering our hummus for the road trip to the Dead Sea.
It's so crazy to see road signs for places that have only existed as words on the pages of my Bible.

Yep, they have one, too. I have yet to travel to a country that does not have a McDonald's.

On our way to the Dead Sea.

A Bedouin village.
I can now imagine why the Israelites complained. This is DESERT!
Camel sighting #1.
Camel sighting #2.
We visited Masada later in the journey, but not to the top of it.
Qumeran, where the Dead Sea scrolls of Isaiah were found.
The choice is yours...I still can't believe we were here.
My Dad did such a great job driving...I admit that it was a little weird to be back on the other side of the road. The left is becoming quite normal for me.
Desertlands.
You can see remnants of an old waterfall.
It's crazy to think that David may have walked around here.
I was really glad that we had plenty of gas in the tank. This would be quite a place to get stuck.
Dead Sea, appropriately named.