Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ballet Birthday Surprise 2.19.09

I LOVE BALLET!!!
Well, I just wanted to share some pictures of my Surprise birthday gift from the Mattox family.  They totally blessed me with a private lesson with Lambros Lambrou, the girls' dance teacher.  I had so much fun!!!  Enjoy the pictures.
Emma helped me get ready.
I've been to this studio several times with the girls, but to walk in ready to dance was such an incredible feeling!
Lambros gave me a hug and said, "Happy Birthday."
Stretching to begin...
pointe...flex...
Rrrrrrrreach!
Ah, this is such a cool feeling.
Lambros did most of the dances with me.
He is quite renown in the dance realm.
He founded the Alberta Professional Ballet Programme in Edmonton, Canada.
Also, he was artistic director of Ballet Austin for 10 years.
I learned so many cool tricks in less than an hour.
He would say, "Balance and enjoy."  What would dancing be if you couldn't enjoy it, right?
Ballet arms...at least, trying...
I just love dancing...
...as if it wasn't obvious =).
Looking off into the distance.
Double take.
High kicks.
This is kicking...I wish I could hold it there.
Or there...haha!
I made Lambros a thank you card with a copy of this picture in it.  I had so much fun!
Center work.
There is so much to ballet...shoulders down, toes pointed, relaxed neck...
Make it look easy, basically.
Thanks Darlene (and Tim, Abby, Emma, and Lambros)!!!
This was such a cool birthday present!!!

No comments: