Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just to say hello.

Hi everyone,

I am sitting on my bed with worship song sheets spread everywhere...prayerfully picking songs for Sunday. It's only Tuesday, but I get to drive to Limassol tomorrow with the girls for their ballet summer school, and I have practice with Ollie on Thursday...So, all that to say, the sooner I can get them in order, the better.

I have been blessed also to contribute to the powerpoint on Sundays. We used a blue background on the slides previously, and now we get to use pictures from all over Cyprus and other places. I've had much positive feedback from everyone. Like me, many others feel more drawn to Jesus by seeing His creation with the words of the songs on the screen. Photography is a passion of mine, so it's been a blessing to use it as worship at Calvary Chapel Cyprus.

The church flat has been used for guests, and I get to be guest coordinator. Earlier today I folded up some sheets that I had washed, getting ready for our next couple, who arrive this Friday. God has prepared me through being a resident assistant (RA) at Point Loma Nazarene University and an RA at Potter's Field Ranch, too. I love how He knows EVERYTHING! Just remember, each chapter is preparation for the next one...so exciting!

Please join with me in prayer...

A team from Calvary Chapel Skyline is praying about coming over here for about 10 days early August to serve alongside Tim, Darlene, and all of us at Calvary Cyprus. Please pray for their tickets. It can be quite expensive, BUT where the Lord guides, the Lord provides. Amen?

Then, mid-August, I get to make my first treck EVER to Europe! No, flying through London doesn't count=). August 14th, I fly from Larnaca, Cyprus to Frankfurt, Germany. There, I will stay with friends at the Bible College in Seigan, Germany, for a couple nights. Then, I think a van full of us will drive southeast to Austria for the Calvary Chapel Missions Conference! I'm so excited!!! I will return to Cyprus August 24th.

I'm looking forward to just meet other people with similar hearts in ministry, see a new place, and most of all, learn more about God's heart. I believe it will be a time of refreshing.

As most of you know, I will be flying back to LA November 6th, arriving the 7th. My heart is at peace, but it's going to be SOOOOOO hard to leave my new family here in Cyprus. Can you pray for my heart? That God will guide my every step, and that He will raise up those who need to be raised up after I leave.

The best part is that God doesn't need us. He could use a tree or rock to get the job done, but since He loves us so much, He has chosen to use the foolish things, and I am so thankful.

Please pray for Tim and Darlene as they give so much to the ministry. Pray that God will fill them afresh with His Holy Spirit and that they would be encouraged everyday in His perfect plan.

Lord bless all of you. If you read all of this...good job. I guess, I just wanted to sit down and have a chat...you were with 'chattee' as I was the 'chatter.' Haha. I love You JESUS!

Love Lindsey

3 comments:

lindsey hutchinson said...

Hi guys!!! Thanks for reading the blog! - Lindsey

Stephanie Gaddis said...

Loved our little chat! We're praying:)

lindsey hutchinson said...

Thanks Steph! When you say you're praying, I totally know you are. ><>