Monday, March 16, 2009

Middle Eastern Weekend 3.15.09

Visitors from Lebanon!
We were blessed to have Pastor Ghassan, his wife Hanneh, and Samer with us on Saturday night.  Ghassan has served in his country for 40 years in ministry.  They were so much fun!
A Mexican spread by Darlene.  Yummy =)
Sunday morning worship.  I started using pictures that I've taken for slide backgrounds.  Everyone seems to really enjoy it.  Darlene took this background picture of fields of yellow flowers.
Tim asks for volunteers for hosts for the next Friday night prayer meeting.  Ollie ALWAYS volunteers...it's funny to turn around and watch his parents' faces.  They crack me up!
This Sunday was sweet.  We had several countries represented in one room: England, Finland, Lebanon, Egypt, and America.
Pastor Ghassan shares wisdom from I John 4:18.  "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear..."
Tim asks Lawrence to pray a blessing on Pastor Ghassan, Hanneh, and Samer.
Closing song, "You Never Let Go!" =)
Calvary Cyprus is blessed to be able to support Samer each month.
Two very incredible couples, serving Jesus with their whole hearts.
I just love these two.  They are the kind of people you feel like you've known forever.
Sunday night, we drove to Limassol to have dinner with an Iranian family =).  The men enjoyed fellowship as they shared testimonies.
Shaheen is in the background.  He works for a Christian Arabic broadcasting television station into Farsi speaking countries.
Both families re-unite after a year-or-so.
All of us.  So, I have to admit that I REALLY enjoy Persian food.  It was so yummy!  Let's face it, I just like food =P  This weekend was a real cool blessing.  It makes me realize how small this world truly is.  God has the whole thing in His hands.

No comments: