Saturday, April 25, 2009

Avakas Gorge 4.17.09

Welcome to the Avakas Gorge.
This was truly incredible hiking through huge crevices, a super-dooper mini Grand Canyon...like microscopic compared to the Grand Canyon...so gorgeous. My friend Crystal said it reminded her of Zion National Park in Utah - I would have to agree.
I went with Ollie and Mary Hutchinson.


Ready for a hike...always.
Enter at your own risk.

Ollie dunked his head in most of the mine waterfalls.
Called Maiden Hair - appropriately named.



How crazy would that have been to see when that huge boulder got lodged in the crevice?! Ollie is posing for me...I said, "Go stand under that rock and look up."
Roots reaching for their life source, the water below.

Stunning.

There they are again...feet are so much fun!

Hi, I'm happy.
Love this kid!
Had to join in myself.

Do-it-youself guide book for Pafos walks...great resource - thanks Mary!
Can you hear it?
Gigantic mushroom-looking rock.
My distant cousin.
The view from the drive...insanely gorgeous.

Hi! Bye! Thanks for visiting me again. Love Linz

1 comment:

Yohan John Kunnenkeril/JOHN 10 TEN said...

Great blog. Mary H is the same person who headed Oswald Chambers Publications ? If so, I need to contact her. I am involved in co ordinating translation of My Utmost into languages of India. I need info on Bengali and Nepali, which Oswald Chambers personnel (Geoff Bennett and even the Chairman Mr Nicholas Gray)do not have.
Yohan John