Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kourion 4.9.09

Talk about a view!
Kourion contains several different archeological remains, dating back as early as 325 B.C.  History in books is good.  History that you can actually stand on is really leaves a mark! 
Inga-lill, me, and Karen with the Mediterranean Sea behind us.
These are the remains of someone's house...ya, wow!
Darlene with the galz.
Because I have to =).
I sang "Amazing Grace" at the the bottom of the amphitheater.  The acoustics are breath-taking.  This theatre was originally built in the 2nd century B.C., but enlarged to its present size about 200 A.D.
This would be a great workout.
My cheesy self-portrait, yet again...Karen jumped in, too.
Yep, they're pretty strong.
Perspective of how big this site is.
Lots of columns.
Postcard, anyone?  
God, You are the BEST Artist!
I'll call this my "Under the Arch" pose - I think I've done it before.
The detail on these columns trips me out.
Look!  Pretty.
Karen and Darlene in their spring colors.
Gladiator House of Mosaics.
Ancient Baths.
Sometimes, I imagine that I'm miniature, and you got it...slide down and around.  I think I'm really wanting to go to Magic Mountain or something =).
Check out this hot tub.
A school group from Cairo, Egypt.
We came here for smoothies after.
This was written in the sand below our table.  It's so true!
Pinch me...am I really here?
Lord Jesus, thank you for your adventure that I don't always understand, but that blesses my socks off!

No comments: