Monday, January 5, 2009

I will never forget this day. 1.4.09

I'm NOT a poet, and I know it.
I wanted to capture this day in poem form...now, granted, I'm not a poet by any means...I am going to put the poem throughout the pictures.  The pictures will not match up, but I think you'll get the idea.  I really hope you enjoy the comedy of the scene I hope to paint in words...

Peaceful beach, stormy seas
Tim and I must go out please
Surfers need salt to live
And we must stay active
Start to change by the car
With a towel is sometimes hard
Oh look, a truck up the hill
Looking for a muddy thrill
Still changing, by the way
Not just one, but 2, 3,..."Wait!"
Laughing, I get into our truck
Trying not to get stuck
Trucks still coming...4, 5,...
They shred sand in 4-wheel drive
Paddling out to surf
A free show on the turf
Laughs were had all around
Wheels spinning on the ground
We pack up and go
Waving, "Thanks for the show."
About seven trucks in all
Hoping their truck doesn't fall
The more mud the better
And best if it's wetter
I will never forget
This memory, I'll bet
Will always bring laughter
Both then, now, and after

Okay, that's so crazy!  There were a perfect amount of pictures...haha!  I hope you had a good laugh or two.  I was pretty much changing by the car with a towel to get my bathing suit and wetsuit on....when, a bunch of trucks started coming down the hill.  I couldn't jump in the car fast enough - I was laughing so hard.  Thanks for visiting a fun day filled with memories for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey, wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your blog. Love seeing all the pictures too. Just met with your dad at Starbucks in El Segundo and had a great time catching up on all the family news.
God bless you,
Craig Brewer