Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Day. 1/1/09

Happy 2009!
What better way to spend the first day of the year than surfing...HOWEVER...if one cannot find waves, a wave hunt adventure is the next best option, and wrapping it all up with hot chocolate on the beach sounds good to me...
Nothing at Helios, so we hop back in the car to find something.
The next spot...Georgia and I look out at the lake...Lake Mediterranean.
The master minds decide what should be done.
Exploring and enjoying God's beautiful creation was the decision.
And a good one it was.
The Mattox family and Brad and Tammy used to kayak this area all the time.  B & T, I know you read these...thank you for the kayaks and for planting more seeds than you know! =)
I heard that the colors in winter vary drastically from the colors of summer.
I love just sitting and looking out at the Sea - it's my little sanctuary.
Cheese!
Hey there Tim!
Underwater life.
It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A...everybody now...
Great shot by Darlene, once again.  It's a HUGE blessing that she takes the pictures, so I get to play, too.
Kony, put your tongue back in your mouth.
Kony, once again, posing for his catalogue shot.
Abby is the smart one, staying warm in the car.
Very artistic shot by Tim.
Stayin' Alive, stayin' alive...woo hoo hoo hoo....
Team work.
We had to wait until the water went down a bit...as you can see, I'm in my adventurous Uggs, not the best for tidepools.
The sky is soooooo pretty.
We've got hang loose, thumb's up, and I love you signs being flashed.
Darlene loves you!
Tim is such a surfer.  We have been watching so many surf flicks, and there are no waves.  He's dreaming about surfing.  Pray for surf!
The girls!
Abby, Georgia, and Emma with their hot chocolate.
Cheers to a wonderful 2009!!!
(This is the lifeguard tower - we are probably about 8 feet off the ground.)

Love you all - thank you again for taking the time to read these.  I'm so very thankful for technology.  Enjoy!!!

No comments: