Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trip to Latchi 1.11.09

Thank you all for your prayers for my Visa...we are still waiting to hear from one of the schools.  It's been a trial for me to lay down "MY" desires and wants.  After wrestling a bit with the Lord, He won...as always, but I'm so thankful for His ways, and not mine.  I know will be glorified however He works out my Visa.  I do ask you to continue praying - thank you.

After church on January 11th, we all piled in the car for a drive to another coast, Latchi.  
Girl photo shoot on the harbor.
Abby, Emma and Darlene.
I don't know that I will ever tire of God's beauty.
Sister piggy-back ride.
I guess this spot is quite busy during the tourist, summer months.
It was very quiet this day - only a few other people around.  We sure do attract a lot of attention with all our long blonde hair =).
I would love to sit down over a cup of tea and listen to the story that this boat could tell.  Check it out - it's someone's home away from home.  I'm sure many fish said "good-bye" here.
The Aphrodite...Boat names are so much fun.  Did you know that Cyprus is knows as the Island of Love, since Aphrodite was born out of the foam of the sea here?  A little Greek mythology for ya.  Her Roman name is Venus.  It's kind of crazy that there are still temples dedicated to her.
These clouds were so perfect - they looked fake.
I took this mostly for my brother.  
Tanner, they have scuba diving - I think you would really like it here.
Harbor Patrol's back balcony - architecture reveals so much about a culture and people.  White with blue trim is a pretty standard Greek look.
Oh look, another boat...couldn't think of anything clever to say for this picture.
After Latchi, we visited Claire and Ricci for dinner.  This is their dog, China.
When she wants attention, she just plops in your lap.
Then, she wiggles around and makes you laugh.
Then, she tries to lick your face with her very large Pit Bull tongue.
Thanks Claire and Ricci for a fun time at your home.

No comments: