Monday, December 15, 2008

Spot o' Tea 12.14.08.

Pinkies up...Pinkys up...how do you spell the plural of pinky, anyway?

The church put on a Girls Christmas Tea, which Darlene and I got to organize and help with.  We had three girls: Leia, Abby, and Emma.  More wanted to come, but the different dance studios had rehearsals and performances.  We still had such a blast!  See for yourself...enjoy!

I've always loved power tools.  
I helped glue the ribbons and decorations on the girls' hats.  We needed hats for a proper tea party, right?

Pre-hat...
Ollie is such a trooper.
He really wanted to hang out.  He asked if we could do something cool for the guys.  He's one of only two guys in Sunday school, sometimes the only boy.
Who let him in?
I love Skype!
Ollie met my mom and dad on Skype the other day.  I told them that we are bridging the gap between America and England.  Ollie chimed in, "One of the great differences is that your English is abominable."  My mom and dad cracked up!  Ollie is definitely a Hutchinson.
Before decorating the hats.
"Good fun."
This is what the British say.
The Fun-Maker!
Darlene is always up for a good time as she plays the tiny plastic decorative instrument.
Leia.
Emma.
Abby.
The back-to-back pose.
We've all done it.
Deep in thought...
It can't be that hard, can it? =)
Ta Da!
Very Proper Girls.
These hats remind me of "My Fair Lady" when she's at the horse races...I love that part!
Cookie Decorating.
I got to decorate one, too.
Mother-daughter Bonding.
"This rocks!"
Emma leaned over to me when they had their tea, after the cookie decorating and said that to me.  It was so sweet - they had so much fun.  So did Darlene and I.  Though only 3 could come, I know God's heart was blessed in blessing his girls...me included.
Once a ham...always a ham.

I'm stoked that you're reading these, or at least looking them.  Thank you.  Drop me a comment or email.  I do thank those of you who have been so diligent to write...it seriously makes my heart so joyful!  It's hard being so far from home.  Yes, I'm so blessed and loving all that God is doing.  I still miss home.  I'm pretty good about writing back...I dare you...double dog dare you...no, TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU.  (Great movie)  Haha!  Love Linz  

No comments: