Friday, December 26, 2008

After Christmas Surf. 12.26.08

I do miss the snow, but when it comes to days like these....not really.  I had my first official surf student, Daniel.  As you can see, we are in wetsuits - yes, Brad, it's cold...burrrr.  However, this is the coldest it will get, thankfully =)  Please enjoy these fun picture from the beach - Darlene, thank you so much for being camera girl.
Waxing the boards.
The wetsuit is difficult to get into at first - Tim gives assistance.
Sean makes it look easy with his 9 foot board - I can't wait until the Softop is fixed!!!
This is Georgia - her dad is Cypriot, and her mom is Mexican.  She's a tri-lingual 15 year-old - English, Greek, and Spanish.  I look forward to spending more time with her.
Teaching Daniel how to wax the board.
Surfing is so much fun!
Finding the peak.
Explaining how to keep the board in one piece while walking out into the rocks and waves.
Paddling out.
The line-up...Sean, Daniel, me, John, and Georgia.
Once again, Sean catching another one.
Kony looks like a little puppy here.
The hang out after...eating alway brings people together.
It turned out to be a really fun day.
The race dog.
Emma flinches at Kony's light speeds.
The board hand off.  Tim gives it a go.  Such a fun day - I'm stoked Cyprus has waves!  Thank You Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you!!Miss surfing!!